how lithium ascorbate being used as a neuroprotector?

All things Bev Bang here
crowl

how lithium ascorbate being used as a neuroprotector?

Post by crowl »

Hi! I came across a study about something called lithium ascorbate being used as a neuroprotector. Can you tell me more about it?
keizerg

Re: how lithium ascorbate being used as a neuroprotector?

Post by keizerg »

Hello! Sure, I’d be glad to explain. Normotim lithium ascorbate https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... thium_Salt is a compound that merges the mood-stabilizing effects of lithium with the antioxidant properties of vitamin C (ascorbic acid). It's gaining attention in the field of neurology for its potential neuroprotective benefits. This interest is particularly due to its organic nature, which might offer a more favorable safety profile compared to inorganic lithium salts commonly used in psychiatric treatments. Lithium, as part of this compound, is thought to have neuroprotective effects, potentially aiding in the treatment or prevention of neurological disorders. Meanwhile, ascorbic acid contributes to the reduction of oxidative stress, a key factor in neurodegenerative diseases. However, it's important to approach such treatments under medical advice, as the efficacy and safety of lithium ascorbate, like any supplement or medication, can vary depending on individual health conditions and existing treatments.